SC Radically Cropping Image

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

rcull
Number of books owned: 0

SC Radically Cropping Image

Post by rcull »

A couple of times now I have had an editing problem.
The first time, I went back to my Opticbook and scanned the offending pages to solve the problem, but this time I thought I would ask for some advice.

Below you can see what Scan Tailor Advanced has done to an image when it starts to process it. It doesn't matter if you deskew it first or select content first, it chops it off. I scanned the image several times, restarting Scan Tailor each time, and it still insists on doing the chop. In this particular section of 17 pages it is having a problem with 3 pages. Each scan seems to have the problem with the same pages:(

It seems to chop the same pages in the same manner if I just edit those pages alone.

rcull
Number of books owned: 0

Re: SC Radically Cropping Image

Post by rcull »

I think what is happening may be:
I am not using the "Split Pages" feature. I have had some wild cropping since this post, but not at the angle. I have gone back and clicked on Split Pages and been able to change the capture. Then reprocessed the offending image through Deskew and Select Content, and it is doing fine.

Hope this continues to fix them all.