Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Page numbers being cut off in content selection

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.
capercailzie

Re: Page numbers being cut off in content selection

Post by capercailzie » 01 Aug 2011, 12:16

Hello,

am new to this forum so forgive me if I'm not putting this across as concisely as you seasoned book scanners could have:

I'm using Scan Tailor 0.9.9.2 and find it immensely useful for cutting pages - many thanks to the developers! But I am having the same problem with content detection (occasional overlap, missing page numbers etc.).

It seems to me that an easy, workable solution would be an option to apply manual content selection to all pages. This option exists for other settings such as margins or output, but not for content selection.

I've built a fairly simple book scanner following suggestions in this forum, only I use my camera to take one shot of two pages (hence the need for Scan Tailor).
*This means that my scans have the same layout through each book scanning session, and I'd ideally like to define the content selection manually on one page, and then apply it to all other pages - since the book layout is the same throughout.

Thanks
Cap

loyukfai

Post by loyukfai » 02 Aug 2011, 16:20

Have never really figured out how to use myself, but sounds like what BookScanWizard can do. Check it out.

Cheers.

eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR » 03 Aug 2011, 03:06

Setting a manual content box doesn't work that good in my humble opinion. That's because every page has a different offset.

Also, always use the latest version => 0.9.10 in this case.