Changing the output directory after the project was saved

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

DSpider

Changing the output directory after the project was saved

Post by DSpider »

I have a 100 GB ext3 Linux shared partition (formatted with 128 inode) which I use for cross compatibility with Windows XP. It's mounted via Ext2Fsd as Read-Only and it's where most of my raw scans are. After creating a few projects on an NTFS drive and moving them there, it seems now I can't process them ! :lol: And rather than creating a new project with a different "out" directory I was wondering if I could just open the *.ScanTailor file with Notepad and change project outputDirectory="". Will Notepad break the sintax ?

Thank you.

PS: Scan Tailor doesn't have a Preferences menu or a "Change Output Directory" option. *hint hint* ;) *wink* *wink*

Edit

Hmmm... It seems you can. I would put a '[SOLVED]' in the title but, sadly, it has a character limit. Anyway, problem solved.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Changing the output directory after the project was save

Post by Tulon »

Yes, you can, and currently that's the only way to do it. I wouldn't use Notepad though, but rather an editor that handles UTF-8 and different kinds of newlines well. Notepad++ would be my choice.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.