"Extreme" Despeckling?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

ibr4him

Re: "Extreme" Despeckling?

Post by ibr4him »

Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

With no C++ experience, have fun waiting. I'm still hacking around :P
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Wow, that was amazingly simple!

Okay, so the "Bounding Box" picture zone option is actually working!

This is the image mask (white = don't make bitonal):
Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
I'll post a working patch soon (I'm still integrating it with the GUI).
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

@Tulon, how would I check for the state of a checkbox from within OutputGenerator.cpp? I saw there was a render params variable, but it was a bit hard to understand...
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

Anonymous wrote:@Tulon, how would I check for the state of a checkbox from within OutputGenerator.cpp? I saw there was a render params variable, but it was a bit hard to understand...
You can't access it directly, as OutputGenerator runs in a different thread. The way to go is to represent the checkbox in output::Settings, read it from output::Task::process() and pass it to OutputGenerator from there.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Tulon wrote:You can't access it directly, as OutputGenerator runs in a different thread. The way to go is to represent the checkbox in output::Settings, read it from output::Task::process() and pass it to OutputGenerator from there.
Hmm, my lack of C++ knowledge is taking it's toll. I can't seem to get it to work. I'll probably play with it more tomorrow...
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Is that Bounding Box automatic, or manually created with mouse clicks on the corners?
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

It's automatic. That's what I was trying to do, but now I have to let the user turn it off ;)
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Anonymous wrote:It's automatic. ... but now I have to let the user turn it off ;)
Cool!
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Aargh, I am still stuck with the UI stuff... Time to attempt to segment the image mask to allow multiple bounding boxes to be generated.