"Extreme" Despeckling?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Anonymous1

"Extreme" Despeckling?

Post by Anonymous1 »

Just if anyone's interested in super-aggressive despeckling for ST. I needed it for a book with super thin pages, so I ought to share it:
The attachment Screenshot.png is no longer available
So, here's the patch.

It fixes the compiler warnings in the new Apply Content Box features and adds the new icon.
Attachments
extreme_despeckling.txt
Patch
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
Last edited by Anonymous1 on 28 Jan 2011, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: "Extreme" Despeckling?

Post by daniel_reetz »

EXTREME!!

Anonymous, I'm really glad to have you banging all these bits around the forum. Thanks for your work here!
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

No problem. It's the least I could do for you guys, as you helped me save over 70 books from decomposition.

I'll be tweaking Scan Tailor's UI a bit, just to see what can be improved.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Anonymous wrote:I'll be tweaking Scan Tailor's UI a bit, just to see what can be improved.
Thank you. We could really use some keyboard shortcuts to make the program less mouse-dependant, at least for those of us with tendinitis who would like to stave off full-blown Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I made a bunch of suggestions here:

http://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtop ... =793#p7705

and here:

http://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtop ... t=20#p7733 .
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

I just looked at your screencast thing, and this is what I am doing right now. I am trying to add a "Bounding Box" option for the Picture Zones, which basically draws the smallest-fitting rectangle around the picture zones. The automatic detection works well, but some of my older books had people with missing faces because I forgot to check ;)
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

Anonymous wrote:It fixes the compiler warnings in the new Apply Content Box features and adds the new icon.
Please make two separate patches, as I might want to apply them to different branches.

Also, please join scantailor-devel mailing list and post your patches there.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Here's the patch for the warnings. I subscribed, but what do I do next? I've never used a mailing list...
Attachments
warnings.txt
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

Anonymous wrote:I subscribed, but what do I do next? I've never used a mailing list...
Then you can send emails to the list. The list address is scantailor-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Anonymous wrote:a "Bounding Box" option for the Picture Zones
I'm so glad to hear that. Thank you!
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Heh, no reason to thank me. I'm still figuring out how it works ;)