Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

ST output formatting

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.
clemd973

ST output formatting

Post by clemd973 » 13 Feb 2011, 21:34

Wondering if ST produces a particular page formatting when generating it's output? In particular, does it generate 8 1/2 x 11, etc., or is page formatting selectable, or does it depend on the compiling software? I've compared a book I produced with one produced by someone else (same book), and the one I produced looks as though it was formatted for legal sized paper, or A4, while the other looked more like 8 1/2 x 11 - viewed either in iBooks on my iPad or Acrobat on my MacBook Pro. Any ideas? (the only other way I can describe it is that my eBook looks like the pages are more narrow, whereas the other takes up more of the viewing screen) Thanks.

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: ST output formatting

Post by Tulon » 14 Feb 2011, 04:02

Scan Tailor doesn't stick to any standard page size. The final size will be that of the content area plus margins. That makes sense, as in an ebook you don't want to waste much screen space on margins.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.

dingodog
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: ST output formatting

Post by dingodog » 14 Feb 2011, 08:55

You can easily modify the final size once joined all images in a multipage pdf file

with

*Multivalent*
- http://www.ziddu.com/download/1794145/M ... ar.gz.html

Code: Select all

java -cp multivalent.jar tool.pdf.Impose -dim 1x1 -paper a4 input.pdf
to obtain an A4 page, alternatively yu can specify custom size

Code: Select all

java -cp multivalent.jar tool.pdf.Impose -dim 1x1 -paper 6x9in input.pdf