Building CLI branch on Windows

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

emmerick

Re: Building CLI branch on Windows

Post by emmerick »

Tulon wrote:
emmerick wrote:Hi friend how diferent ST and STplus mod
The announcement of the Plus branch explains the general idea.
Thanks man
rdoug

Post by rdoug »

Tulon turned me on to Scan Tailor Plus which looks very promising. If anyone has experience with the command line version, please take a look at my issue. Also let me know if this is the right place to post these questions or if folks prefer a new thread somewhere.

Problem:
I've experimented with the command line a fair bit but can find no permutation of options that will actually output files.

Just the basic command with no options but verbose, will output the text
"C:\ST+\scantailor-batch.exe -v C:\STTEST\BackImage470.jpg C:\STOUT
Filter: 1
Processing: C:/STTEST/BackImage470.jpg
Filter: 2
Filter: 3
Filter: 4
Filter: 5
Filter: 6
Processing: C:/STTEST/BackImage470.jpg"

It will generate \cache and \cache\thumbs in the target directory, but as far as I can tell it outputs no files.

Things I've Tried:
Manually setting all the options
Using the command line generated project {works}
Checking the run scantailor-batch.exe as Administrator and in Windows XP compatibility mode

Potentially Helpful Details:
Windows 7
JPGs, >4 megs, bigger than 3000X4000
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

rdoug,

It may be a good idea to ask this question on the scantailor-devel mailing list. I am not sure if Petr Kovar, the guy who wrote that code is following this forum.

P.S. I finally got my new broadband connection, so if anyone still needs the official build, I am happy to provide one.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
mellow-yellow
Number of books owned: 1

Post by mellow-yellow »

Tulon,

My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place (or asking the wrong person), but the latest scantailor-cli (committed 5 days ago with a folder input option instead of 0001.img, 0002.img, ... -- http://scantailor.git.sourceforge.net/g ... 7754b44754) is not yet in binary format. I'm trying to build but stuck at "Scan Tailor Dependencies.sln" because I can't find that file. Any chance of posting a Windows binary for it?

Sean
mellow-yellow
Number of books owned: 1

Post by mellow-yellow »

If you, like me, couldn't find the Scan Tailor Dependencies.sln file, that's because you, Windows user, probably chose MinGW Makefiles instead of Visual Studio 9 2008 as the README suggests:

[VC++]
Select your version of Visual C++ (Visual Studio) instead of "MinGW Makefiles"