White Margins

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

feliks
Number of books owned: 150

Re: White Margins

Post by feliks »

Ah,

What a shame that you're right! I did a test scan to see if it was how the programme interpreted the empty space in the image, and lo, it worked properly--so I have to find the offending images.

Can the "fix dpi" option when I start a new project fix it, or do I need to find the images by hand?

Thanks again,

-Feliks
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

feliks wrote:Can the "fix dpi" option when I start a new project fix it, or do I need to find the images by hand?
It may or may not flag those pages as needing to be fixed. It's usually easy to spot unusual pixel sizes though. Still, I believe the method I suggested previously would be easier.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
feliks
Number of books owned: 150

Post by feliks »

'morning,

Too late, re-started, forced ST to "fix" all dpi, and lo, we were in business. Curious, though, because although it was a "scan by hand" using a Brother scanner, I didn't change any of the settings--everything was set to 600 dpi grayscale scanning. Strange that the DPI should get mucked up.

Anyway, thanks again!

-F
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

feliks wrote:Curious, though, because although it was a "scan by hand" using a Brother scanner, I didn't change any of the settings--everything was set to 600 dpi grayscale scanning. Strange that the DPI should get mucked up.
This often happens when you post-process scans in 3rd party image editing software.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.