Book Scan Wizard Questions

Discussion about Steve DeVore's Book Scan Wizard, a power-user package to automate scan processing.

Moderator: peterZ

rwreed

Book Scan Wizard Questions

Post by rwreed »

I thought I'd start a new thread for Book Scan Wizard Questions so as to try to keep the primary Book Scan Wizard Thread to update comments from Steve.

To that end I have started playing with Book scan wizard and have run against a simple issue.
I shoot with one camera first the right and then the left. I have put them in separate l & r directories, but I (obviously) need to invoke the ignore_times parameter and have not been able to figure out the syntax

both
LoadLRImages = /home/randy/MyDocuments/ebooks/BivinsReligionOfFear/ch_4 ignore_times
and

LoadLRImages ignore_times = /home/randy/MyDocuments/ebooks/BivinsReligionOfFear/ch_4

generate "could not find directory errors"
What is the correct syntax here?
Thanks
Randy
rwreed

Re: Book Scan Wizard Questions

Post by rwreed »

And the correct answer is (for others who might encounter the same question)
LoadLRImages = ignore_times /directory/that/has/l and r

Thus I conclude all parameters go after the = sign
rwreed

Post by rwreed »

But Here's another less problematic and yet more annoying problem. If the script exceeds the size of the window there is no way to scroll down to the commands that have scrolled off the page. No scroll bar appears. Even using the arrow keys the cursor disappears.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04, BSW 0.9.9, JRE 6.22
steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Post by steve1066d »

But Here's another less problematic and yet more annoying problem. If the script exceeds the size of the window there is no way to scroll down to the commands that have scrolled off the page. No scroll bar appears. Even using the arrow keys the cursor disappears.
Oops! My last change accidentally got rid of those... sorry about that.

I just uploaded 0.9.9a to correct this issue.
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.
rwreed

Post by rwreed »

Thanks Steve, much better!

One other confusing thing. I set SetSourceDPI = 500 and yet when I hit preview I still get the "ScaleToDPI Source DPI is not set" message. I tried setting ScaleToDPI to blank but that did not solve the problem. Any hints?
Thanks
steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Post by steve1066d »

One other confusing thing. I set SetSourceDPI = 500 and yet when I hit preview I still get the "ScaleToDPI Source DPI is not set" message. I tried setting ScaleToDPI to blank but that did not solve the problem. Any hints?
Thanks
Verify that the you are performing that operation on all pages.. So you'll want something like:

Pages = all
SetSourceDPI = 500
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.