Some minor issues

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

Hasher

Some minor issues

Post by Hasher »

Hi All

Just some issues Ive been having and I thought people might offer advice. Some are related to scan tailor , others not . But since that forum is locked i will post here :-)

First is related to margins in Scantailor . If I have 2 different sized pages Scantailor takes the larger margin and imposes it on the smaller page. See the picture below, is there any way around this.

Second is inverting negative images , is there any software that can detect this and if so is there any software that works command line to invert it

Third is best setting for wiring diagrams . Trying to do some wiring diagrams in scantailor and it really distorts the image making to less readable. Here is some examples . Any hints of making a better image ? I started with a good image just to prove a point. I changed thicker/thinner settings and DPI to improve with not a good result

Before

After

Fourth ,Looking in Scantailor command line is it possbile to just specify a folder in command line . Examples just show each file. Would be great if I could give it a directory and name the project file in command line
3) scantailor-cli [options] <image, image, ...> <output_directory>
4) scantailor-cli [options] <project_file> [output_directory]

Fifth Abbyy fine reader chops large format pages into two when making a PDF . Is there any way of stopping this ? Example below

Here is a download of the images I mentioned in this post in this file

http://uppit.com/04yhzl1jqwok/Example.zip

Thanks for your time in reading this !

Paul
Hasher

Re: Some minor issues

Post by Hasher »

Ok solved the Abbyy fine-reader problem. turned off "split facing pages" options in the scan/open tab of Tools/ options

Ok solved the first Scantailor problem by un-selecting "Match size with other pages" in margins screen