ScanTailor problem

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

Pelle
E-book readers owned: Asus Transformer Prime
Number of books owned: 14

ScanTailor problem

Post by Pelle »

Hi.
Im a newbie on this and have tryed to build my own simple setup where I take one page at a time (example, first all the left sides and then all the right ones), anyway...
When I import them to my computer and open all the left pages. It works great to rotade one page and then click "add to all pages". But when It come to "Split pages" and I use the middle page layout and then I use the lines to manually drag where the pages left side starts and where it end on the right side (to not get the "hard side of the book" - with that I mean all that not are "the page"). You proberbly know what I mean, It's just hard to explain. :shock:

Then when I have fixed this first page exactly where to cut the sides, I choose Change, and then "All pages".

And Nothing is happening as it should! The markings I made on this first page is'nt at all applied exacly the same to the rest of the pages.
Am I doing something wrong or is ScanTailor just mad at me, or is it a program failure for the creator to fix so it is more easly to apply the same Cut-setup on all pages?

Best regards, Pelle.
spamsickle

Re: ScanTailor problem

Post by spamsickle »

I haven't used Scan Tailor for awhile, but I recall this working properly for me. What operating system and version of Scan Tailor are you using?
spamsickle

Re: ScanTailor problem

Post by spamsickle »

I re-read your question, and I think something needs to be clarified.

When you say "nothing is happening as it should" do you mean nothing happens, or do you mean something happens but not what you wanted to happen?

If Scan Tailor is marking the rest of the book, but not where you think it should be, it may be that your book is not in the same place from photograph to photograph. I ask because you say it isn't applied "exactly the same" to the rest of the pages, which may mean that it's applied to the rest of the pages, but doesn't look right.

Also, if you're trying to apply the same settings to both the left and right side pages, that probably won't work. Assuming you've sorted them so that they're left-right-left-right, you should apply the left-side cuts to "every other page", and do the same for the right side.