ScanTailor automatic content selection weirdness

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

dlux
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 100

ScanTailor automatic content selection weirdness

Post by dlux »

Hi,

I hope there are someone from ScanTailor devel is in this forum. I cannot access the ScanTailor forums due to some sourceforge error (redirect loop), so I try to report the bug here.

I'm scanning a book with 300 pages, and the automatic content detection does not seem to work. It routinely leave out top of the page, left, right, etc.

When I change the detection on a page to Manual and change it back to Auto, it seems to be working fine. This happens after I run a batch of Automatic detection on the whole book.

Is there any idea on how to fix it? Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Balázs
dlux
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 100

Re: ScanTailor automatic content selection weirdness

Post by dlux »

I think I know what I did wrong: I selected "Auto" in the first page and then I pressed "Apply to..." > All Pages. That actually applied the first page's settings to all other pages (instead of setting "Auto" in all pages).

I removed the relevant sections from the ScanTailor file, restarted the automatic selection process and it seems to be working much better now.