Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Basic Guide to Workflow ?

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.
umpausewhat

Re: Basic Guide to Workflow ?

Post by umpausewhat » 05 Oct 2010, 16:07

The only way I think I could be happier is to learn that Acrobat also has a batch option...
Haven't looked back at the thread in a while. Glad the Clearscan option seems to be helpful. I just wanted to mention that in Acrobat, if you have a document open and go to the "OCR text recognition" task under the "Document" button, it gives you an option to recognize text in multiple files, which I think will do your batch processing for you.

KiwiScanner2
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Basic Guide to Workflow ?

Post by KiwiScanner2 » 07 Jun 2012, 14:44

An old thread but updating it for completeness....

Acrobat Professional does have a very powerful batch processing capability, in Acrobat 8 Pro it can be found under Advanced > Document Processing > Batch Processing.

There are a variety of commands you can access to run accross whatever PDF files you select - including the ability to run javascript etc. It can be used to run Acrobats OCR tools which are fairly reasonably as well as adding watermarks, cropping pages etc etc