ST suggestions and feature requests go here.

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: ST suggestions and feature requests go here.

Post by Tulon »

eL_PuSHeR wrote:I may try that, but does it work with colour/grayscale mode or do I need to use Mixed mode?
It works in all modes, although the resulting appearence is better in B/W or Mixed modes.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

OK, Thanks Tulon. I will try it.

EDIT: Tested the "fill zones" feature. It did what I wanted and it worked quite well. ST is amazing.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

The ability to copy and precisely paste a manual picture zone, using an enhanced context menu (i.e. right mouse click inside the manual picture zone to copy, then right mouse click to paste it precisely somewhere else).
leescott

Post by leescott »

I wish support more file formats(pdf G4Tiff),for importing and outputing.And,have a box to select outputing format.
Yesterday,I used 1.0βc(?),it can dewarp ,but collapsed. I wish a more stable auto-dewarp version.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

leescott wrote:I wish support more file formats(pdf G4Tiff),for importing and outputing.And,have a box to select outputing format.
These are not a priority right now.
leescott wrote:Yesterday,I used 1.0βc(?),it can dewarp ,but collapsed. I wish a more stable auto-dewarp version.
Try 0.9.10 - it's actually newer than 1.0beta series. Or you can even try a recent development build, which has an out-of-memory handler, which I hope will stop 99% of crash reports.

BTW, I've also got a 64-bit version for Windows, which could be your ultimate solution to out-of-memory situations, especially if you really need that 1200 DPI output.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
leescott

Post by leescott »

Tulon wrote:recent development build[/url], which has an out-of-memory handler, which I hope will stop 99% of crash reports.
BTW, I've also got a 64-bit version for Windows, which could be your ultimate solution to out-of-memory situations, especially if you really need that 1200 DPI output.
Thanks for your work and your reply!
Sometimes,I can't open some files ,just like this development build.I then will look for 0.9.10.It also can't open jpg.(see attachment)
And yesterday I treated 986 jpgs with ST,then I use Book Restorer treat all output to dewarp,having some effects.I wish this will be usefull for you.
Its Help:
Geometrical correction :corrects distortions caused by scanning on a vertical scanner or due to the presence of creased pages.
This module uses different criteria to assess page distortion:
1.Page border detection: detects black margins present at the top and bottom (or left and right) of a book during scanning.
2.Linearity detection: detects all the significant horizontal or vertical linear components present in the image, such as frames around images, or separators for columns or paragraphs.
3.Text lines detection: detects the lines of text that are long enough.
4.Skew detection
5.Correction parameters:CURVATURE IRREGULARITY +STRETCH CORRECTION.
Attachments
4.rar
(756.38 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

leescott wrote:Sometimes,I can't open some files ,just like this development build.
That's not good. What exactly happens when you try to?
leescott wrote:.I then will look for 0.9.10.It also can't open jpg.(see attachment)
Worked for me. Was that the official release, downloaded from http://scantailor.sourceforge.net ?
leescott

Post by leescott »

Tulon wrote:That's not good. What exactly happens when you try to?
Worked for me. Was that the official release, downloaded from http://scantailor.sourceforge.net ?
Yes!
Strange things!
Maybe transfering all jpg to png or tiff is a way,like http://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtop ... f=8&t=1199.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

leescott wrote:Maybe transfering all jpg to png or tiff is a way,like viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1199.
You could do that, although I would prefer to dig into it and find the problem.

BTW, you haven't told me what exactly happens when you try to install / run the development build I linked to.
leescott

Post by leescott »

Tulon wrote:You could do that, although I would prefer to dig into it and find the problem.
1.0betaC(beta2?) I used yesterday open it well.
Tulon wrote:BTW, you haven't told me what exactly happens when you try to install / run the development build I linked to.
It can't open that file.I havenot found more question.