Blank Pages

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

ibr4him

Blank Pages

Post by ibr4him »

Hi,

How do you deal with blank pages? If I leave them out while capturing images, its a nightmare sorting page numbers. And If I keep them, I have to manually replace them with solid colored background.

What do you do?

Thanks
Moonboy242
E-book readers owned: iPad, Netbook
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Blank Pages

Post by Moonboy242 »

I capture blank pages and process them as normal. Like you said, it messes up the original pagination of a book if you take them out.

The only processing steps I really pay attention to with blank pages are the margins where I try to ensure the pages are the same exact size as the originals, and "black and white" for color. So far, so good.
iPad: Over it. Android FTW.
spamsickle

Post by spamsickle »

Sometimes I just ignore them -- capture them and let them appear in the finished book.

Sometimes I capture them, then "Remove from project" with Scan Tailor.

Scan Snap has an option to remove blank pages automatically, and when I use that to scan a book I take advantage of that feature.
dansheffler

Post by dansheffler »

Many of my books have facing Greek/Latin text. It is important, therefore, to keep the pagination the same as the print version so I can use so I can use the double page feature in Preview. My camera has trouble focusing, however, on the blank page. I made a paint stick with "BLANK" written on it with a whole through the other end. This hangs from a nail near my scanner so that I simply need to grab it and insert it into the shot to get the camera to fire and it also tells me that there is a blank page in the final product.
Moonboy242
E-book readers owned: iPad, Netbook
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by Moonboy242 »

THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY BLANK

;)
iPad: Over it. Android FTW.