Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

how does that work?

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.
jinjin12

how does that work?

Post by jinjin12 » 04 Feb 2011, 02:08

i noticed that people use two cameras, each take a different page. my question is how does that work? how do the pics sync with each other so that it is continuous? for ex, if u take pictures with a single camera, then you take a pic of page 1, then page 2....so the pages stored are contiguous pages on the camera . but with to two cameras, one takes page 1 and the other takes 2 page, then one takes page 3 while the other takes page 4. then one camera would store, pages 1,3,5....while the other stores even number pages 2,4,......

so how does that work? does the user have to manually arrange the pages later or is there software that auto arranges the pages taken by the two cameras?

Ryan_phx
E-book readers owned: Nook, Kindle DX
Number of books owned: 0

Re: how does that work?

Post by Ryan_phx » 04 Feb 2011, 17:11

Well, since no one who understands the process better than I do has responded yet, I'll explain it the way I understand it. Basically, yes, you end up with odd pages on one camera and even pages on the other. Some people have written scripts to sort the images into the correct order, but it seems to me that the easiest way--and I forget who suggested it--is to set the time on your cameras to a couple seconds difference, then when you're done scanning, put all the images into a single folder and sort by date/time.

My scanner is mostly finished now, but I'm still waiting for my LEDs to arrive for my light rig, so I haven't tested this myself. Search the forums and you'll find both ways to do it.

jinjin12

Post by jinjin12 » 04 Feb 2011, 18:03

yea i was searching i found out how it was done lol however, the renameall.exe doesn't work for some reason, is there a new version or what programs do u recommend i use to rename the images?

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz » 04 Feb 2011, 18:39

I recommend using Book Scan Wizard and setting up a "Right" and "Left" folder.

jinjin12

Post by jinjin12 » 05 Feb 2011, 01:04

cool thanks alot!