Nor Cal?

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

revjoe

Nor Cal?

Post by revjoe »

Anyone in northern California interested in a get-together / workshop / collaboration?

I am working on a new build now, and have already started thinking of what I want to do after I get done with this one, perhaps a portable, or auto page turner addition.

Joe
Gershtopia
E-book readers owned: iPad
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Nor Cal?

Post by Gershtopia »

I am in Mountain View, and would be interested in collaborating. I have a lot of ideas about book scanning and look forward to meeting with someone as enthusiastic about it as I am. Where are you located?
revjoe

Post by revjoe »

I live by Davis, up by Sacramento. I will shoot you a PM with my email address and we can see what can happen.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

There is a hackerspace in Oakland called Ace Monster Toys. They have open meetings every Thursday. Al Jigen Billings is my contact there, as well as our member Miles. They have built a few scanners, including a New Standard style unit, a laser cut unit, and they also have the pieces for one of my new CNC cut scanners.

Maybe you should contact them? They are about halfway in between Sunnyvale and Davis. I only wish I was still living in Richmond so I could personally introduce you guys.

Let me know via email if you'd like an email introduction to Al and the Ace Monster Toys crew. They are really great, I really enjoyed my time with them when I was in the bay area.