DIY Book Scanner Anniversary

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

DIY Book Scanner Anniversary

Post by daniel_reetz »

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the DIYBookScanner.org domain/project.

Congratulations everyone for everything you've done -- we're really on to something here, and we've helped a lot of people understand how to digitize a lot of different media. We've also developed a mass of book scanning technology from almost nothing -- if you can call a lot of hard work, collaboration, and discussion nothing. That's pretty amazing.

If there's anyone that deserves thanks with respect to this forum, though, it's Rob. Rob has not only kept the forum running smoothly, supplied numerous interesting algorithms, assistance, and software, but he's also handled essentially all user registrations and kept this place spam-free. It's a thankless job, but I am putting my thanks here. Thanks, Rob!

I'll try to do up a special news post for tomorrow, but for now, thanks everyone.
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Re: DIY Book Scanner Anniversary

Post by Misty »

Thanks, Dan, and thanks, Rob!

Thanks everyone, while I'm at it. This forum is great because of all of the contributions people have brought forth. It's amazing what has been built here in just a year.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

Yes, very well done Dan & Rob, a great idea that's developed well and helped alot of people (why can't I find a happy-clappy smiley when I want one!).
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

Hooray!!! :D
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
dtic

Post by dtic »

Congrats! :P
E^3

Post by E^3 »

Hi

Congratulations more power and supports to come!

Thanks

E^3