child saving

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

aloris

child saving

Post by aloris »

Hello,

been readin a long time on this fantastic forum! Keep it up, shortly coming with a rig on my own.

In the meantime, here is something from the scene....how book scanning saves a child ;)

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/boo ... 1ak2a.html
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: child saving

Post by daniel_reetz »

great story! and welcome.
spamsickle

Post by spamsickle »

I don't understand how they can afford to offer this service for $1.20 per book. If they were here in Los Angeles, I'd scrap my scanner and hire them.
steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Post by steve1066d »

I don't understand how they can afford to offer this service for $1.20 per book. If they were here in Los Angeles, I'd scrap my scanner and hire them.
I was thinking the same thing :)
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Now that is one devoted book scanner. I would never picture myself scanning that many books, ever (well, maybe).

I posted a Craigslist listing for this kind of thing yesterday, so I'm still waiting for any responses...

What would you guys charge to scan and digitize a whole book? I was thinking $0.10 per page or by the hour, but after Googling for a while, I couldn't actually find book scanning services anywhere near where I live (but Google does suggest "book scanning services", so people must be looking for it).

Does book scanning even exist for the public in the United States? The only scanning going on in my town is my university digitizing all the books in every one of their four 3-story libraries(:shock:), but that's private...
Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Gerard »

maybe the company does not delete the books after scanning, so they can charge the 1.5$ often without effort
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Two of our forum members run domestic digitizing facilities - check the Hello Thread... "iwenttoofast" is one, I think, and there's another, more recent member.