Hello from DC !

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

gingi

Hello from DC !

Post by gingi »

Hello there guys.
Just found about this website through Google as I was trying to find local business which will scan for me some books to PDF.
Looked at you site here and got amazed by people's creativity, man - you guys are talented.
I'm a student who wants to scan some books. I found a company in Ohio (Blue Leaf -someone heard of them?) which does that - but it's not cheap.
So I was thinking that writing here and asking people about alternatives might be useful. I'm not going to build my own device,
but if someone here lives in the DC area, or knows of someone from around here who can scan books or knows of a solution, I'd be more than happy to pay for such services.
Kinko's does not offer such services, and I'm a bit surprised I could not find a business in my area that gives book scanning services (to PDF).
So if you can help me, great.
Thanks.
Gingi
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Hello from DC !

Post by daniel_reetz »

Hey Gingi,

Welcome to the forum! We do have some members in the area surrounding you, but in my experience here requests like these (we get a lot of 'em - I get several each day, privately) haven't gotten much response. We do have at least two members who run professional scanning services and they may contact you - they're listed in the Hello Thread somewhere.

That's the best I can do for you.