Digitization blog

A place to tell us about your work and projects. Self-links encouraged!

Moderator: peterZ

Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Digitization blog

Post by Misty »

I wanted to let people know I've started up a digitization blog at http://www.mistydemeo.com. I'm focusing on scanning/digitization from an archives perspective, covering some material I've been talking about here on the forums as well as other things. I have a few posts up right now, and I'm going to be updating pretty regularly. Big thanks to Dan for helping me get set up!
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
univurshul

Re: Digitization blog

Post by univurshul »

Great blog/website! I'll be adding this to my reader, thanks!
Last edited by Anonymous on 07 Nov 2010, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Thanks, Jared!
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Godisgr8t!

Post by Godisgr8t! »

Misty: Is there somewhere on your blog that I can see some images of your work? Or is most of it copyrighted and you can't post it? I need to get some some web links to a guy who I'll be building a scanner for, but he wants to be reassured that he will be able to get professional work without to much redundant editing work.
BTW, I saw the pics in your google books thread, but I'm looking more for raw photos to kinda get an idea of how much editing will be involved.
Much obliged!
Misty

Post by Misty »

Sure, let me know more specifically what you need and I can pop you some samples. There are lots of end results at the County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections, but it sounds like you're looking for more of a before-and-after processing type of thing?