300 Pages a Hour

A place to tell us about your work and projects. Self-links encouraged!

Moderator: peterZ

lmp1054

300 Pages a Hour

Post by lmp1054 »

Is anyone producing these kind of result?

This is my goal for my next book scanner. I want to use it for textbook scanning.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: 300 Pages a Hour

Post by daniel_reetz »

Ann

Post by Ann »

I've done well over 200 with my simple cradle and platen with one camera/tripod during my log books project, but that was really dependent on the amount of light in the room (I couldn't use external lights in the archives) and had the camera set to auto depth of field. At one point I did 11 per minute when the room was really bright and light was bounding off the other buildings/pillars outside, but I usually averaged 5-6 images per minute.
spamsickle

Post by spamsickle »

My own bottleneck seems to be in turning pages. Wearing a latex glove really helps me turn one page at a time.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

With my pseudo-scanner (flatbed on steroids), I turn a page every 4 seconds, so that is 1 page every 2 seconds, which is around 1,800 pages an hour.

I think 300/hour is easily doable, even on a flatbed. That's the same as scanning two pages every 24 seconds, which is even slower than a flatbed. I'd guess that any non-flatbed scanner would get at least 900 pages/hour minimum...