Electronics/Handle packages for sale.

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

jujumana

Re: Electronics/Handle packages for sale.

Post by jujumana »

I'd like one. How do we proceed?
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Send me an email. It's listed in my profile.
jujumana

Post by jujumana »

Works great, thanks a bunch!
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

I sold the last of these to one of our members today. There are no more available. All have shipped.

I do have a few spare parts if anyone has problems.

As for future runs, I will consider it, but only if they are pre-sold. I only made a few dollars on each one of these (by choice -- I only wanted to help people get their book scanners off the ground, quickly and cheaply). For it to be worthwhile, I'd like to have to visit the post office just once or twice, instead of ten times.

But that's not to complain. I'm very happy with this little experiment and I'm glad to hear that most, if not all of you are satisfied with your purchase. Yet another big thanks to jradi for helping me get this off the ground.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

jujumana, thanks for the report. You're welcome!
StevePoling
E-book readers owned: SONY PRS-505, Kindle DX
Number of books owned: 9999

Post by StevePoling »

daniel_reetz wrote:As for future runs, I will consider it, but only if they are pre-sold. I only made a few dollars on each one of these (by choice -- I only wanted to help people get their book scanners off the ground, quickly and cheaply). For it to be worthwhile, I'd like to have to visit the post office just once or twice, instead of ten times.
Dan, it looks like I just missed out.

But it also seems as if you've got something bigger in the works, selling full-blown kits. If all the structural parts to a 3rd (or 3.5th) generation scanner can be fabbed with the laser cutter, they'll lay flat and ship quite nicely. Add a ziplock bag of random hardware, wires, cables & electronics and sell all that to guys like me. I'm moving at a glacial pace because I know I'd get bogged down scaring up junk, cutting it to size, and solving the problems of making it work together, but I'd happily write a check for a kit I could assemble in a week of evenings in my basement.

The biggest capital outlay would be the lights and cameras, and you can sell the kits without them.

Also, I'm still sanguine about the legality of setting up book digitizers in schools, libraries, co-ops and such. I've talked to two lawyers about Fair Use of Copyrighted materials, the first was very encouraging but the other just shrugged.
jstaylor

Post by jstaylor »

Dan,
Do you still have any electronic dual-trigger/handle packages for sale? I'd like to get one to save time. How do we arrange
the transaction?
Serge Taylor
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

Hey Serge,

Not at the moment, but I'm considering doing another run of these things. It would be a good way to cover the next year's hosting costs for the site. Anybody else interested? Please note your interest here...
Rabbitroo

Post by Rabbitroo »

If you do make some more, including one or two for me, I'll personally donate $50 to the ongoing support of this site. ;)
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

I'll make another batch. How many should I make? Who else is interested?