Makers meeting buyers

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

bonesgeorge
E-book readers owned: 2
Number of books owned: 20

Re: Makers meeting buyers

Post by bonesgeorge »

Is there anyone who could ship me a dual cable bike lever, and maybe the $1-2 cables to it with USPS First-Class Mail® International Parcel? It would help a lot!

Thank you in advance,
George
bonesgeorge

Post by bonesgeorge »

Oh, the destination was the EU!
bonesgeorge wrote:Is there anyone who could ship me a dual cable bike lever, and maybe the $1-2 cables to it with USPS First-Class Mail® International Parcel? It would help a lot!

Thank you in advance,
George
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

Are you sure you can't just visit a bicycle store near where you are? Bicycle parts are pretty much internationally standardized, and you won't have to pay for shipping.

Also, I'm not entirely certain that the cables specified in the shopping list are the right ones for the bicycle brake lever, so you're much better off visiting a bicycle store, telling them what you need (dual bicycle brake lever with two brake cables) and letting them give you the right parts.
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
bonesgeorge

Post by bonesgeorge »

Well, I've not looked around phisically, but I found nothing in the webshops, these dual cable brake levers are really rare stuffs, as it's only used in rather special cases. Anyway, decision made: I ordered one from the US! :(
rob wrote:Are you sure you can't just visit a bicycle store near where you are? Bicycle parts are pretty much internationally standardized, and you won't have to pay for shipping.

Also, I'm not entirely certain that the cables specified in the shopping list are the right ones for the bicycle brake lever, so you're much better off visiting a bicycle store, telling them what you need (dual bicycle brake lever with two brake cables) and letting them give you the right parts.
zzzhhh
E-book readers owned: Fixit Reader, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, WinDjvu
Number of books owned: 500

Post by zzzhhh »

I have strong interest in buying one. how much is it in all (including the shipping fee to massachusetts)?
donncon

Post by donncon »

Previous post moved...
D
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

On PMing and emailing me about kits.

Post by daniel_reetz »

Hi everyone, DO NOT send me PM's or emails about buying a kit. In short, writing me about buying kits makes kits come more slowly. I will announce publicly when they are ready thank you for your understanding!

Feel free to follow my work and progress here

Daniel
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

NOTE: This thread is now locked. The standard for posting sell offers and buy requests is to make a new post in the Agora section.
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.