Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Scanning a Book for a lonely world traveler - $40

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.
xijhing
E-book readers owned: kindle 4, kindle touch
Number of books owned: 200

Scanning a Book for a lonely world traveler - $40

Post by xijhing » 28 Oct 2012, 15:49

Hi,

I am traveling all over the world, and I would love some help getting a book so I can read it while I'm traveling. It's a very long book (1000 pages), so this project may take some time. All you need to do is borrow the book from a local library, take a high-resolution photo of each page (with full text visible), then email those photos to me. The book is 'How to Read and Why' by Harold Bloom. I can pay by paypal or venmo.

Will happily upload the book to the internet archive or google books or whatever is expected once the book is scanned.

Thanks!

jacko

Re: Scanning a Book for a lonely world traveler - $40

Post by jacko » 30 Oct 2012, 14:32

That book is less than 300 pages according to Amazon UK. The book costs £6 (about $10), so it would probably be cheaper, easier, and you would get a better-quality scan by buying it and scanning it destructively. You can check my website: www.rustee-technologies.com