Looking for someone to build us a book scanner for money!

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

jonwheatley
Number of books owned: 0

Looking for someone to build us a book scanner for money!

Post by jonwheatley »

Hello!

We're looking to hire someone to build us a book scanner. Please drop me an email us at hello@needwant.com if you're interested along with a rough quote.

Thanks!
Jon
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Looking for someone to build us a book scanner for money

Post by dpc »

You want to scan money? That could be fun!

Just kidding. I went to your website and had a look around. Are you looking for something that will scan MODs, or a generic scanner that would handle most books? I ask because you can take some shortcuts if the books are in good shape and will lay flat when opened and are a fixed size, as would be the case with most MODs.

It would seem like you might benefit from a fully automated scanner where human eyes would never see the captured images. I've seen some users question the security of their MOD's contents during the digitization process. Is that something you're considering?

BTW, as I was leaving your website I was offered a 15% off deal and that was enough to convince me to sign up (I'm cheap...) but was only sent an e-mail with a zip file containing Marshall's v-card. How does one get the 15%-off coupon code to use when purchasing a MOD? [edit] Disregard this. I got the second email with the discount code after having posted this message. All is good now!