Looking for Czur Scanner Used

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

TENNScan
E-book readers owned: ~20
Number of books owned: 0

Looking for Czur Scanner Used

Post by TENNScan »

Hey everyone. I know this is mainly for DIY bookscanners. However, I have dyslexia and need something that works at an affordable price. If you have one of these or something comparable please let me know. The cost is $400 before add-ons so if you can beat that I may be a buyer. Thanks and happy scanning!
BruceG
Number of books owned: 500

Re: Looking for Czur Scanner Used

Post by BruceG »

Hi
I have just received my Czur ET16. Had a check to see that it worked but have not had the opportunity to do some testing. To see if OCR is better than what I am doing now etc.
Other than a computer I do not see that you will need any add-ons. This may depend on what you are doing or what you want the output to be.
I thought US$399 was not a bad deal.
TENNScan
E-book readers owned: ~20
Number of books owned: 0

Post by TENNScan »

It's not a bad deal at all. I'm just broke. Did it come with the foot pedal and everything? I'm considering buying this app that is a scanner and ocr for blind people that is a hundred dollars. However I'm afraid that I might end up porefering this because it's quicker, probably a bit better at scanning, and the app may wear out my cell camera. Do you have any thoughts on this?
BruceG
Number of books owned: 500

Post by BruceG »

Yes it comes with both foot pedal and hand button.
There are a few videos on youtube that give a idea of speed but none document a book of say 500 pages through scanning and OCR.
I have done no real testing. I used a old notebook for the program and down loading the scans which was useless.Transferring took for ages so never tried again to put in place things I learnt. I did not want to move the desktop computer out of its place for testing. Scanning was fair and would be very good if both pages were on the same plane as they are on most DIY scanners.
The book (bound magazines) was 100 yrs old and had 2 columns. Saving to tiff and using my usual OCR program worked well considering what I did wrong with scanning. Built in OCR did not work as good. But could if I played with it a bit.
Normally I OCR to pdf and epub.
I guess you would want to OCR for a app to read the text.