Preassembled bookscanner available?

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

kirkmc

Re: Preassembled bookscanner available?

Post by kirkmc »

I'd be interested in anyone had a cheap scanner they want to part with, in the EU. I'm in France, and want to scan a handful of books. I have some oldish books that I need to read, and, unfortunately, I'm allergic to some types of mildew in old books. As they are out of print, it'd be hard to find bette copies, and I realized that scanning them and reading on my iPad would be easier and, potentially, cheaper.
SLLA

Post by SLLA »

Hi there,

I am also a full time worker and full time student who has been lurking with amazement @ these book scanner projects. Unfortunately I'm beginning to accept the reality that I will not have the time (or access to the tools) to experiment with building my own scanner any time soon. I belong to a student collective and am interested in pulling the funds together to buy a pre-built scanner off one of the members for shared use amongst friends.

Please PM me or email me @ steven@selflearnla.org if you have one to offer. I live here in LOS ANGELES and would really like to find one locally in SOCAL in order to avoid the hassle of shipping something this size.

THANKS!!
loyukfai

Post by loyukfai »

Greetings from Hong Kong.

Remember seeing a webpage about a rather simple kit but the project was put on hold, forgot the name through. Any idea of similar offerings?

Cheers.
viveik

Post by viveik »

Hello !

I can build a scanner-in-a-box in my factory with help from the community as it will tremendously help shorten time for those who want this for Christmas.(i do ! )
Is there a design that can be stacked away after use ? Are there any limitations to the current design that should be designed around to allow for better shipping, assembly ?
I have been doing some investigation and can use ABS plastic board to laser cut designs.

Thank you

Viveik.
123beta123

Post by 123beta123 »

i am interested in getting a pre built scanner .please let me know where your are based ,which build you will be considering,whats the approx cost .are you considering one of the builds by univershul ???
builderstudent2

Post by builderstudent2 »

Is anyone else still interested in purchasing a pre-assembled scanner? I am considering selling mine.
E^3

Post by E^3 »

Hello to Everybody.

I am trying to sell my accomplished Book Scanner.

Just post your requirements.

Thanks

E^3
snaguy
E-book readers owned: iPad
Number of books owned: 0

Post by snaguy »

Enjoitheride

Post by Enjoitheride »

I don't know if it's too late, but I built a book scanner a few months ago. I'm moving to a new (much smaller place) and want to give it to a worthy person. It works great. Here is a picture:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... G_9812.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... G_9811.jpg

Asking for $100
loyukfai

Post by loyukfai »

Enjoitheride wrote:I don't know if it's too late, but I built a book scanner a few months ago. I'm moving to a new (much smaller place) and want to give it to a worthy person. It works great. Here is a picture:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... G_9812.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... G_9811.jpg

Asking for $100
Wow this is cool, both cameras are included in the price?

Unfortunately the shipping fee to Hong Kong is probably prohibitive.

Cheers.