Wiki

Just what it says.

Moderator: peterZ

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Wiki

Post by daniel_reetz »

Ugh. I was concerned about this in the beginning, but I've had so much going on that I've never paid proper attention to it. Lame.
strider1551
Number of books owned: 0

Post by strider1551 »

While you're messing with the wiki, any change we could have file uploads enabled? I just wrote a skeleton article about keystoning, and had some images that would help illustrate things.
bnz

Post by bnz »

Wouldn't it make sense to have this article directly within the Wiki with Images? Otherwise, we again have a lot of different information spread all over in different formats and places. I think the effort should be to make the Wiki the one place to get prepared information - to the degree that it has been discussed and agreed on in the forum.
strider1551

Post by strider1551 »

bnz wrote:Wouldn't it make sense to have this article directly within the Wiki with Images? Otherwise, we again have a lot of different information spread all over in different formats and places. I think the effort should be to make the Wiki the one place to get prepared information - to the degree that it has been discussed and agreed on in the forum.
Right. I want the images displayed on the wiki page, but as far as I can tell, the image has to be first uploaded to the wiki and then inserted into the article with [[File:filename|options|caption]].
bnz

Post by bnz »

Ah ok. We definately need pictures in the Wiki. Everything else would be doomed to fail.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

While you're messing with the wiki, any change we could have file uploads enabled? I just wrote a skeleton article about keystoning, and had some images that would help illustrate things.
Your wish is my command, problem is that I'm a n00b genie. Working on this now.
bnz

Post by bnz »

I just want to throw in another possibility: if administering isn't exactly one of your favorite hobbies, there are various free and hosted wiki solutions available that can simply be used. At least that could solve the spam problem to some degree and you won't have to keep the web scripts up-to-date regarding the latest security leaks.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

That's true, but although it may come back to bite me, I really prefer to keep all software hosted locally.

The wiki now has a "logo", recaptcha, and file uploads enabled(can someone else test file uploads please?)
strider1551

Post by strider1551 »

daniel_reetz wrote:(can someone else test file uploads please?)
Yep, looks like everything works. Thanks.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

beautiful!