PDFbeads Error

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.

Moderator: peterZ

ibr4him

PDFbeads Error

Post by ibr4him »

I ran the commands in terminal as Misty explained in another post, but I can't run PDFbeads yet:

Code: Select all

mbpro:~ ibrahim$ pdfbeads /Users/ibrahim/Pictures/LEFT-16_07_2011-100/Karbala/Original pdf.pdf
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- RMagick (LoadError)
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
	from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/pdfbeads-1.0.3/lib/pdfbeads.rb:36
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
	from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/pdfbeads-1.0.3/bin/pdfbeads:38
	from /usr/bin/pdfbeads:19:in `load'
	from /usr/bin/pdfbeads:19
mbpro:~ ibrahim$
Many thanks for your help!
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Re: PDFbeads Error

Post by Misty »

PDFBeads doesn't track its dependencies in Rubygems (Alexey, you should do that ;)), so it didn't install the other gems you need for it to work. In addition to PDFBeads itself, you also need rmagick and hpricot. Go ahead and install those the same way you installed PDFBeads itself.

You will need to have Imagemagick installed for it to work. If you don't, I would recommend using a package manager like Homebrew or Macports. With Homebrew, you can install Imagemagick by typing

brew install imagemagick
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
ibr4him

Post by ibr4him »

I think I already have it installed:

Warning: Formula already installed: imagemagick
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty »

That's fine, then. Just go ahead and install rmagick and hpricot using Rubygems, by doing

sudo gem install rmagick hpricot
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.