pdfbeads - format of metadata file

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.

Moderator: peterZ

strider1551
Number of books owned: 0

pdfbeads - format of metadata file

Post by strider1551 »

Does anyone know the format expected by pdfbeads for the file passed by --meta?

While I'm asking, anyone know the format for --labels? I had that figured out at one point but can't find my reference anymore. EDIT: Never mind on the labels, found what I needed (http://rubydoc.info/gems/pdfbeads/1.0.3 ... /PDFLabels). Still can't make sense of metadata, though.
Misty

Re: pdfbeads - format of metadata file

Post by Misty »

It's only documented in the Russian docs, but taking a look at the source:

The metadata supports four fields: Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords. Fields should be specified one per line, in the format

Code: Select all

Key: "value"
Multiple values per field seem to be accepted, though `Keywords` is probably meant to be the only repeatable field. You can also have unparsed comments by prefixing a line with #
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
strider1551

Re: pdfbeads - format of metadata file

Post by strider1551 »

Ah, many thanks Misty. I would never have thought to look at the Russian docs... the code itself if I got frustrated enough, but not Russian.