If you want to scan directly to your pc but...

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.

Moderator: peterZ

slt918
E-book readers owned: 2
Number of books owned: 300

If you want to scan directly to your pc but...

Post by slt918 »

I just realized I had scanned quite a few books, and found software that allowed me to scan with the camera directly to the pc, what I mean is, some camera's don't allow a webcam type situation. I searched the forums before posting so hopefully I am not annoying anyone with less than new information. http://cam4you-remote.software.informer.com/ was the link I found, it allowed me to use the canon camera all through the pc, viewfinder, ALL of the cameras functions were available. This is freeware btw. I noticed that google docs open sourced their scanner and I was curious if there were any of you guys making use of it. So anyway, I hope this helps anyone looking for a way to bypass makeshift camera remotes (ah that was why i was looking for it!). Thanks again Mr. Reetz for you incredible forum.
Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Re: If you want to scan directly to your pc but...

Post by Gerard »

how is the speed? how fast is it posible to shoot
ergonaut
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: If you want to scan directly to your pc but...

Post by ergonaut »

Any update?