TTS: Text To Speach

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.

Moderator: peterZ

darkenvy
E-book readers owned: ipad, pandigital
Number of books owned: 150

TTS: Text To Speach

Post by darkenvy »

Hey guys,
I'm currently using this awesome app I found on the ipad app market to read me PDF text books I made out loud. I plug this into my car while I'm driving and have my own homemade audiobooks. The problem is that it renders live and sounds pretty robotic despite being shareware. What I would really like is to find some quality software where I could render the book entirely in mp3/wav so it does not render live, and have a more realistic voice.

How much would something like this cost? Anyone know from experience of any good software? Even if it does not render live, I could use "wavtap" with it for OSX or old fashion physical loopback to record it. So no worries there.

Anyone else like audiobooks?
pav

Re: TTS: Text To Speach

Post by pav »

http://www.ivona.com/en/news/amazoncom- ... -software/

I have good experience with this software, I do not use iphone though and only use macs if I have to. Android app and voices are free at the moment. Wikipedia says: "IVONA is compatible with Windows, Unix, Android, Tizen, iOS based systems".
bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Re: TTS: Text To Speach

Post by bartek158 »

Ivona was bought by Amazon. They release of new version of ivona and it is called Sppec2Go. Ivona and Speech2Go were made by the same team.
https://harposoftware.com/pl/
There are no updates for ivona as I know , they only release updates to Speech2Go.
For Ivona users is avilable to buy Speech2Go with better price , that was when I was buying it.