Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

TTS: Text To Speach

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.
E-book readers owned: ipad, pandigital
Number of books owned: 150

TTS: Text To Speach

Post by darkenvy » 13 Jul 2013, 00:30

Hey guys,
I'm currently using this awesome app I found on the ipad app market to read me PDF text books I made out loud. I plug this into my car while I'm driving and have my own homemade audiobooks. The problem is that it renders live and sounds pretty robotic despite being shareware. What I would really like is to find some quality software where I could render the book entirely in mp3/wav so it does not render live, and have a more realistic voice.

How much would something like this cost? Anyone know from experience of any good software? Even if it does not render live, I could use "wavtap" with it for OSX or old fashion physical loopback to record it. So no worries there.

Anyone else like audiobooks?

Re: TTS: Text To Speach

Post by pav » 16 Jul 2013, 22:05

http://www.ivona.com/en/news/amazoncom- ... -software/

I have good experience with this software, I do not use iphone though and only use macs if I have to. Android app and voices are free at the moment. Wikipedia says: "IVONA is compatible with Windows, Unix, Android, Tizen, iOS based systems".

Number of books owned: 0

Re: TTS: Text To Speach

Post by bartek158 » 19 Jan 2018, 10:54

Ivona was bought by Amazon. They release of new version of ivona and it is called Sppec2Go. Ivona and Speech2Go were made by the same team.
There are no updates for ivona as I know , they only release updates to Speech2Go.
For Ivona users is avilable to buy Speech2Go with better price , that was when I was buying it.