Scan Tailor, Book Wizard, Check-er' Board

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.

Moderator: peterZ

Moonboy242
E-book readers owned: iPad, Netbook
Number of books owned: 1000

Scan Tailor, Book Wizard, Check-er' Board

Post by Moonboy242 »

The only thing better than having one great post processor is having two, or three.... It seems like the software side of the community is making huge leaps forward in this area. Thank you... all of you.

I'm scanning all kinds of one and two column texts, with and without pictures. You guys are making them look better and better every day!

Thanks again.
iPad: Over it. Android FTW.
ibr4him

Re: Scan Tailor, Book Wizard, Check-er' Board

Post by ibr4him »

Whats "Check-er' Board" ? (sorry, I'm visiting the forum after a week or so)
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

ibr4him wrote:Whats "Check-er' Board" ? (sorry, I'm visiting the forum after a week or so)
It's this platen-alignment app that Rob is working on.

The dev activity around here is just great! I'm so excited about all these new apps and approaches. Also, there's been a serious (and awesome) uptick in people documenting their methods and sharing their results in very comprehensive posts... Rob and I are on the lookout for these posts, we're planning on stickying and categorizing them within the forum to make the place easier to use.
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

daniel_reetz wrote:The dev activity around here is just great! I'm so excited about all these new apps and approaches. Also, there's been a serious (and awesome) uptick in people documenting their methods and sharing their results in very comprehensive posts... Rob and I are on the lookout for these posts, we're planning on stickying and categorizing them within the forum to make the place easier to use.
If Rob is watching this thread, I'd like to thank him for the sticky, it's very flattering.

In a world now dominated by Internet research, if something doesn't turn up on a quick Google search then there's a tendency to think it's either impossible or simply not worth the effort.

This is why it's so vital for people to document and share their processes, however inapplicable they may deem them towards others' work cases - it simply shows others what is possible and this spurs further innovation.
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

You are welcome, and thanks for posting the info. I agree -- the more open we are with each other, the faster we can go.
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.