New Project: openmargin

Discussions, questions, comments, ideas, and your projects having to do with DIY Book Scanner software. This includes the Stereo Data Maker software for the cameras, post-processing software, utilities, OCR packages, and so on.

Moderator: peterZ

Aegre Reminiscens
E-book readers owned: kindle
Number of books owned: 0

New Project: openmargin

Post by Aegre Reminiscens »

After I held my talk yesterday about my Bookscanner on Dorkbot.bln somebody came to me and talked to me about the really great Project Openmargin.

Its still in Development, but I think if you like this Project, than you should apply for an early access, because that would probably motivate the Guys behind Openmargin. If you are a Developer or Programmer, please feel free to donate your time and knowledge to this great Project!

http://openmargin.com/

They start with Software for IPads, but I hope that they will port the Software on different Platforms, I personally would love a Client for Linux, but others probalby would need a windows-client, or an android-client...

Cheers Aegre Reminiscens
All my projects are documented here: http://www.ijon.me
strider1551
Number of books owned: 0

Re: New Project: openmargin

Post by strider1551 »

I really like the concept, but their site doesn't give much detail on how they plan to implement it. If they pull it off well, it could be a really neat tool to use with a book club or in a classroom setting, especially if you can make your notes private to a select group. I'm hopeful, but highly skeptical until they start giving more details.

I don't have an iPad, but I applied for early access anyway, hoping that I'll be able to learn more about the project (and worst case, I know some iPad owners...). Also added their blog to my many rss feeds. Thanks for telling us about it!