Wanna work for Google?

Whatever.

Moderator: peterZ

rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Wanna work for Google?

Post by rob »

Rob here, your friendly forum co-founder and maintainer, and guy with the banhammer.

I know there are a lot of you here that played with or developed software or hardware for the scanner. You have a great skill. How would you like to put that skill to use at Google? It's an awesome place to work. I should know, since I work there. Dan Reetz had a great deal to do with my getting a job at Google, and I'm having the most awesome time of my life -- and that's after over 20 years in the software industry. Now I'd like to return the favor tenfold, and ask if anyone here is interested in working at Google?

Our headquarters, the Googleplex, is located in Mountain View, California, where it's sunny all the time except during the winter months when it sometimes rains softly. But we have locations all over the US and all over the world: Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Sydney, Prague, Dublin, Moscow, Zürich, Tokyo and more.

You'd get to work with happy, intelligent people in way cool environments, get perks second to none, and change the course of history and humanity. And you get a life! Googlers can spend 20% of their time working on stuff other than their normal responsibilities, and we're encouraged to have a life outside Google.

Anyway, are you interested? Take a look at the jobs on offer, and think about where you'd like to work. PM me with a link to your resume, and let me know about the jobs and locations you're interested in.

Then, I'll put your info on our Googler request queue. Applicants submitted by a Googler (that would be me) get looked at with more interest. And you really have nothing to lose. Go for it!

--Rob
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.