Going to the Maker Faire

Whatever.

Moderator: peterZ

BillGill
E-book readers owned: Calibre, FBReader
Number of books owned: 7000

Going to the Maker Faire

Post by BillGill »

The Tulsa Maker Faire is this Saturday, August 25. I will be taking my latest scanner to show again this year. This year I will be letting people get their hands on the system so they can get an idea what book scanning is like. The show will be at Central Park Hall at the fair grounds here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I expect there will be a lot of people going past my booth, I hope to attract many of them to look at what I am doing.

I'm also showing some book repair stuff that I have been doing. After all, not all the books I am scanning are in good enough condition to be scanned.

Bill
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Going to the Maker Faire

Post by dpc »

Good luck at the faire! Give us an update on how things went.
BillGill

Post by BillGill »

The Faire was great. There were a lot of people there and a lot of them stopped by the booth to talk about scanning and/or book repair. I had written up a document that gives more information than they could pickup in a few minutes demonstration and discussion. A lot of them signed up to receive a PDF of that document. I will have to email them out in a few days. Most of them will not really pay any attention, but some of them seemed to be really interested.

One of the ones that I liked the most was a lady who works in a library. She thought that it would be neat to have a setup something like mine to let kids get a taste of the things you can do with books. They wouldn't have time to scan complete books, but she thought it would interest them to see some of the things you can do.

Bill
BillGill

Post by BillGill »

Update on the Faire. They say that there were 4000 attendees. I know I got the names and email addresses of 29 people who were interested enough to sign up for more info. I sent the info out and got replies from 2 who seemed to be excited about the possibilities.

Bill