On January 17th, 2017, we migrated the community forum to a new hosting provider. If you posted, sent a private message, or applied for board membership between January 10th, 2017 and January 17th 2017, your submission might have been lost. We are currently working on recovering data from this time period. We are also working on getting the theme of the forum back to normal.

If you notice any new issues or have any questions, please contact duerig at jonathonduerig dot com for more assistance. Thanks for your patience.

spreads on lubuntu vmware

Johannes Baiter's Spreads and SpreadPi are the latest control systems and postprocessors for DIY scanning. http://spreads.readthedocs.org
harpmaster
Number of books owned: 0

spreads on lubuntu vmware

Post by harpmaster » 09 Jan 2016, 14:58

hi to all,

wanna say thank you for this great project and to all these guys working on it. i am quite proud to post a photo of my new spreads-lubuntu-virtual-computer ....

greetings
Attachments
Lubuntu-15.10-spreads.jpg

peterZ
Number of books owned: 10000

Re: spreads on lubuntu vmware

Post by peterZ » 30 Jan 2016, 21:40

Have you scanned many books with the software in the VM?

harpmaster
Number of books owned: 0

Post by harpmaster » 01 Feb 2016, 17:02

hello peterZ

not yet, i am working on a good adjustment for the ixus 160 for coloured images. the vmware spreads was one of my experiments to get good pictures on a windows computer without a raspberry. i also tried TwoCamControl and the very new Pi Scan (raspberry) by duerig, very easy to use, but in spreads you can change a lot to get good quality in an easy way.

Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by Konos93a » 09 Dec 2016, 08:28

hello harpmaster
what now do u use? i mean between pi scan,spreads twocamcontrol. which is "faster" between them in something like captrure image and put it on a folder. and what help you most in capture image process till your final result?