Spreads Problems and Solutions

Johannes Baiter's Spreads and SpreadPi are the latest control systems and postprocessors for DIY scanning. http://spreads.readthedocs.org

Moderator: peterZ

barth
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Spreads Problems and Solutions

Post by barth »

jbaiter wrote:That sounds pretty much identical to my current setup.
Can you share a debugging log from one of you workflows? You can get it from the web interface.
Also, which version of the SpreadPi image are you using? I completely rewrote the CHDK driver two weeks ago, maybe that has something to do with it?
Thank you, I'll work on the scanner again tomorrow (or perhaps late tonight) and I'll try and provide you with the log.
I'm not sure about the image version but I'm sure it's older than 2 weeks. I'll get that info for you, too.

Apart from the excess captures via keypedal, the majority of the bugs I experience seem to stem from the Pi's inability to pump all the thumbnail images into the webinterface.
Also, sometimes the cameras don't delete the images from their sdhc card after sending them to the Pi. This has been going on for a while.
More recently, since I added the router, the cameras don't prepare for capture automatically anymore at startup, unless I refresh the webpage of the webinterface.
But I don't think these problems are as critical to the overall functionality of the scanner as the excess captures are.
So maybe if I replace the Pi with a stronger Pi2, or connect the external computer to the router with an ethernet cable rather than wireless, that will work out, too.
But I'll save that for another time and focus on the pedal first.
barth
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Spreads Problems and Solutions

Post by barth »

The attachment with this message contains a zipped json file of debugging logs from my scan session. I hope it can shed some light on the problem.
Accessing the Pi with SSH has proven a problem since the default password and login don't work - and it's not a qwerty/azerty-issue. I'm going to have to figure out how to bypass this before I can change the yaml-file or even determine which version of Spreadpi or Raspbian I'm running. Since I'm a long distance commuter with few hours of clearheaded free time, that's going to have to wait 'till the weekend. Thank you for your help and patience. Another attachment is the config.yaml file that apparently is saved with each batch of images a workflow generates. I hadn't paid attention to that file very much as I was focussing on the images. Apparently it describes the configuration used in the workflow. There is no mention of interval trigger plugin there, though. I hope this helps, and I'll try to understand and apply your previous guidelines as soon as I find the time.
Attachments
config.zip
(536 Bytes) Downloaded 714 times
spreadslog (18).zip
debugginglog
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 718 times