Reconfigure Cards

Johannes Baiter's Spreads and SpreadPi are the latest control systems and postprocessors for DIY scanning. http://spreads.readthedocs.org

Moderator: peterZ

johnelle
E-book readers owned: kindle
Number of books owned: 800

Reconfigure Cards

Post by johnelle »

Now that I have begun working with actual books I see that my pages are reversed. I would rather not unmount the cameras to switch SD cards since everything is lined up already. Is there anyway to configure spreads to permanently switch odd and even?
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Reconfigure Cards

Post by duerig »

there are two ways. First, chdkptp lets you modify files on the sdcards. If you ar comfortable with chdkptp, that would work.

Second, there is an option to switch left and right when you start a workflow. You should create a workflow, set that option, then log into the node and look at the workflow configuration. That will tell you what option it is in the json. You can then set that option in your global .config/spreads/config.json file and it will be set by default on new workflows.

If both of these seem horribly confusing, let me know and I can try to give you more precise instructions.
johnelle

Post by johnelle »

Ok well chdkptp seemed easy enough on the surface but I couldn't come-up with the right string to connect to the 2nd camera. I can list both. And when I do a connect 1 I connect to a camera and do the operations. However any time I tried to connect using id info from the list command it "couldn't find" the camera. Why in the world it doesn't do what every command line utility since DOS does and allow you to enter the id from the ls command I have no idea.

Code: Select all

___> list
-1:Canon PowerShot A1400 b=001 d=006 v=0x4a9 p=0x3264 s=E93ED539C20C4C2F97D10CDA99649CEB
-2:Canon PowerShot A1400 b=001 d=005 v=0x4a9 p=0x3264 s=77F52A1DFE1F497CB20E2B8CB3E22B71
___>
So I have changed one SD card but not the other. Of course I have no idea which one I changed so it looks like its time for a remount.

Don't want to get into JSON hacking because it can break with changes.
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by duerig »

I have the same problem when I commect both cameras. My workaround is to only plug one camera in at a time. Then connect should just work and you know what camera you are talking to. When you are done, plug them both in for spreads.
nafraf
Number of books owned: 0

Post by nafraf »

It's possible to use the serial number to select the camera, e.g.:

Code: Select all

___> connect -s=77F52A1DFE1F497CB20E2B8CB3E22B71
johnelle

Post by johnelle »

You are correct the serial number does work if you use "-s=" instead of the "s=" I was using. In my defense the "tutorial" doesn't contain one example of an actual command line.

The Daniel method also works although I just powered off the cameras one at a time rather than disconnecting them.