What is the current non-crashing version?

Johannes Baiter's Spreads and SpreadPi are the latest control systems and postprocessors for DIY scanning. http://spreads.readthedocs.org

Moderator: peterZ

johnelle
E-book readers owned: kindle
Number of books owned: 800

What is the current non-crashing version?

Post by johnelle »

Some days I am in the mood to debug but today I just need to get some scans done. I down loaded the SpreadPi marked "latest" which is dated 27 May. I can maybe get one scan session done if I time the reboots correctly but its mostly just sitting there wedged (hit submit...nothing happens...reboot). Running on a standard B+ with Canon A1400s on a Daniel-kit machine.
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: What is the current non-crashing version?

Post by duerig »

Hi. The one that I have been using that is pretty stable right now is at:

http://tenrec.builders/pi/archivist-2m.zip

Let me know how that works for you. I have heard other reports of the nightly build being unstable, but I am not sure why this is because nothing has changed. I will be taking a look when I have time if nobody else does.

-D
johnelle
E-book readers owned: kindle
Number of books owned: 800

Post by johnelle »

Thanks, that is somewhat more stable although in a 2 hour session I found it would run for a while and then suddenly freeze with no warning require multiple reboots. It also doesn't seem to work with my foot pedal like some previous versions.

Anybody else have a suggestion for a "good vintage?"
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by duerig »

I am not sure about what the freezing issue is. I'd be happy to help debug this with you over email if you like.

The foot pedal is a configuration thing. The simplest thing to do is to plug your foot pedal into whatever device you are using to talk to the Pi rather than plugging it into the Pi directly.

Second, I have configured the version of SpreadPi I linked to so that it can operate as a standalone kiosk. Plug the keyboard, mouse, screen, and foot pedal into the Pi itself and don't use a secondary device at all.

Third, if you want behavior exactly like it was previously, then you can login (username pi password raspberry) and edit the file .config/spreads/config.yaml and add make it look like this:

Code: Select all

driver: chdkcamera
plugins:
    - hidtrigger
    - web
core:
    verbose: yes
    logfile: /home/pi/.config/spreads/spreads.log
    capture_keys: [' ', b]
    loglevel: debug
device:
    flip_target_pages: no
    parallel_capture: yes
web:
    project_dir: /home/pi/scans
    debug: no
    standalone_device: yes
    mode: scanner
    port: 5000
That 'hidtrigger' line is the one that enables the foot pedal directly on the Pi.

-D