Better way to output images from Spreadpi?

Johannes Baiter's Spreads and SpreadPi are the latest control systems and postprocessors for DIY scanning. http://spreads.readthedocs.org

Moderator: peterZ

gazagoal
Number of books owned: 0

Better way to output images from Spreadpi?

Post by gazagoal »

I've been transferring the images to my usb flash drive and then processing those with ScanTailor on my computer. I wonder there is a more convenient way to do that? Many thanks!
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Better way to output images from Spreadpi?

Post by duerig »

If you get SpreadPi connected up to a network, you can control it via the web interface on the network and download the images directly instead of using a physical drive.

There is also a server/client mode which I don't know that much about. Johannes worked on a way for you to have multiple copies of Spreads running at the same time. One runs on the Pi as a scanner. Another runs as a post-processing server on your laptop. The images then get transferred and processed in some automatic way. Unfortunately, I don't know the details of how to make it work or whether this is a feature that he completed or not. But you could poke around in the source and see if you could get it working and report back to the community.

Best of luck either way.

-D