On January 17th, 2017, we migrated the community forum to a new hosting provider. If you posted, sent a private message, or applied for board membership between January 10th, 2017 and January 17th 2017, your submission might have been lost. We are currently working on recovering data from this time period. We are also working on getting the theme of the forum back to normal.

If you notice any new issues or have any questions, please contact duerig at jonathonduerig dot com for more assistance. Thanks for your patience.

Oracle broke BSW!

Discussion about Steve DeVore's Book Scan Wizard, a power-user package to automate scan processing.
Cam

Oracle broke BSW!

Post by Cam » 23 Sep 2011, 13:32

Oracle removed the signatures from jai and now BSW won't launch. Is there a workaround for this?

Check out the slashdot article: http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11 ... g-webstart

Two other questions:
1) where is a list of all of the commands that are available in BSW?
2) google chrome can't launch BSW from the web. It tries to save the button as a .php file instead of executing it. Any ideas why?

Thanks Much,
Cameron

steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Re: Oracle broke BSW!

Post by steve1066d » 23 Sep 2011, 16:09

Yep, Oracle broke it, and its going to take an update to get things working again. I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow and post a note where when its fixed. The manual install will still work.

The list of all commands is under Help, Command Documentation (Or something like that.. I can't bring up BSW here to check right now).

I'll look into the Chrome issue. I kind of know why it is happening.. The startup file is actually delivered by a .php file. Chrome must be ignoring the mime type and using the extension of the file. I'll see if there's anything that can be done.
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.

steve1066d

Post by steve1066d » 24 Sep 2011, 15:53

The webstart version of BSW is back up and running.
Steve Devore

steve1066d

Post by steve1066d » 24 Sep 2011, 16:05

I also did a tweak to make Chrome happy.
Steve Devore

Cam

Post by Cam » 15 Oct 2011, 19:52

Thanks! I really appreciate it.