Beta 11

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Beta 11

Post by Tulon »

jimboh wrote:hanks for the update. When I see something in the summary / shortlog, I will download the latest snapshot, give it a whirl, and let you know how it works.
Sure, stay tuned. Don't hesitate to remind me if it's not there by the end of the week.
jimboh wrote:BTW, on the issue of font size in the Apply To dialogues, I figured out how to edit the ui files to make the fonts bigger for Mac OS X. I am not a programmer, but I am wondering whether there are instructions somewhere on how to write a patch that would make the changes for compiling under Mac OS X only. Your thoughts?
I thought about that issue and I think I came up with a solution that doesn't require inserting platform-dependent code all over the place. That would involve setting dynamic properties on widgets in Qt designer and then matching them in a global stylesheet. I didn't try that, but it looks like that would work.
The bad news is that I am not going to work on that. These days I am working in "just for fun" mode, that is doing only fun stuff, namely dewarping. When fun stuff runs out, I'll probably leave the project altogether. So, someone else would have to try to implement that.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
n9yty

Post by n9yty »

Not yet. As I said above, I am having problems applying it. I asked n9yty to produce the patch differently, but haven't heard back from him. I'll wait some more, and then I'll try applying it by hand.
I never saw the request, and still can't find it, but if you let me know what you need I will gladly provide it. The patch is very short, it may be easier to apply by hand. ;)

EDIT: Just saw your request....

Code: Select all

diff --git a/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.cpp b/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.cpp
index fd47b54..763ac06 100644
--- a/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.cpp
+++ b/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.cpp
@@ -112,6 +112,10 @@ ZoneContextMenuInteraction::ZoneContextMenuInteraction(

interaction.capture(m_interaction);

+#ifdef Q_WS_MAC
+       m_extraDelaysDone = 0;
+#endif
+
        int h = 20;
        int const h_step = 65;
        int const s = 255 * 64 / 100;
@@ -193,6 +197,13 @@ ZoneContextMenuInteraction::menuAboutToHide()
                return;
        }

+#ifdef Q_WS_MAC
+       if (m_extraDelaysDone++ < 1) {
+               QTimer::singleShot(200, this, SLOT(menuAboutToHide()));
+               return;
+       }
+#endif
+
        InteractionHandler* next_handler = m_rContext.createDefaultInteraction();
        if (next_handler) {
                makePeerPreceeder(*next_handler);
diff --git a/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.h b/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.h
index 3173b02..dbeee22 100644
--- a/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.h
+++ b/zones/ZoneContextMenuInteraction.h
@@ -131,6 +131,9 @@ private:
        std::auto_ptr<QMenu> m_ptrMenu;
        int m_highlightedZoneIdx;
        bool m_menuItemTriggered;
+#ifdef Q_WS_MAC
+       int m_extraDelaysDone;
+#endif
 };

#endif
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Tulon said the way to do it is to make this patch by "git diff > file.patch" from the toplevel directory.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

It looks like the patch was done correctly but then got damaged by the forum engine - still doesn't want to apply. Could you post it to pastebin.com instead?
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

The new patch (last change Sun, 29 May 2011 08:01:34 +0000) works!

Thank you!
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

OK, cool.

BTW, version 0.9.10 will be released in a few weeks. I won't be able to build a Mac version myself, but I am going to link to someone else's build.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Tulon wrote:version 0.9.10 will be released in a few weeks. I won't be able to build a Mac version myself, but I am going to link to someone else's build.
I can provide a copy of mine. I follow the instructions on the sourceforge web site, for those who use Xcode and MacPorts. I assume the output will be a self-contained (?) binary that anyone can drop into an OS X system and just run without further ado. Just let me know where to send or put a copy, if you want. However, if anyone were to have problems with it, I would not be able to provide any real help because I am not a programmer, just good at following instructions. :)
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

jimboh wrote: I assume the output will be a self-contained (?) binary that anyone can drop into an OS X system and just run without further ado.
I hope so.

For now, please post your build to "Building Scan Tailor on OSX" thread, or maybe even start a new one. That will let us gather some feedback before the release.
n9yty

Post by n9yty »

jimboh wrote:
Tulon wrote:version 0.9.10 will be released in a few weeks. I won't be able to build a Mac version myself, but I am going to link to someone else's build.
I can provide a copy of mine. I follow the instructions on the sourceforge web site, for those who use Xcode and MacPorts. I assume the output will be a self-contained (?) binary that anyone can drop into an OS X system and just run without further ado. Just let me know where to send or put a copy, if you want. However, if anyone were to have problems with it, I would not be able to provide any real help because I am not a programmer, just good at following instructions. :)
I went through considerable effort to build a self-contained set of instructions, libraries, etc., without all the junk for MacPorts, and I don't understand why nobody wants to use it. :) Oh well, whatever trips your trigger.
n9yty

Post by n9yty »

Tulon wrote:It looks like the patch was done correctly but then got damaged by the forum engine - still doesn't want to apply. Could you post it to pastebin.com instead?
http://pastebin.com/x4D8vjeG