OS X Build Instructions at SourceForge

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

jimboh

OS X Build Instructions at SourceForge

Post by jimboh »

I installed and build ST using the instructions on the sourceforge web site for using Xcode and MacPorts on OS X, found here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/s ... n_Mac_OS_X

One of the instructions says that the cmake command should have the following as one of several parameters passed to cmake:

-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac-devel/bin/qmake .

I recently discovered that I was using an old beta version of QT 4.0, so I uninstalled it and then installed 4.7.3 via MacPorts. I just noticed that there is no /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac* directory. This is not a problem because qmake is in my path:

/Users/Jimbo
Command? which qmake
/opt/local/bin/qmake

I'm not sure whether this needs to be changed, or whether it is still appropriate for those who may be running development versions as opposed to stable releases, but I thought you might want to know.

Any reason not to delete the quoted environment variable from my environment.plist file?
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: OS X Build Instructions at SourceForge

Post by Tulon »

I know little about building Scan Tailor on OSX, and obviously the Wiki page wasn't written by me. If you want to improve it, I can give you wiki editing rights.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

I've never done any Wiki editing.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Well, here is you chance to learn it.
I also didn't have any experience before I set up Scan Tailor's wiki. It's not hard.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Question for those building from source - is there a demand for building Scan Tailor from the latest SVN version, rather than the point release? Homebrew, another package manager for OS X, can build Scan Tailor from the latest point release: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/blob/m ... ntailor.rb

I was wondering about adding an SVN checkout option to it.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Tulon wrote:Well, here is you chance to learn it.
I also didn't have any experience before I set up Scan Tailor's wiki. It's not hard.
Okay, I'll try. Please PM the info. Thanks.

I guess I'd better make sure I can still build from source with all the changes made recently for static linking! :?
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

jimboh wrote:I guess I'd better make sure I can still build from source with all the changes made recently for static linking!
P.S. No problem building for OS X after all those changes for static linking.