ScanTailor for OSX is here

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

ibr4him

Re: ScanTailor for OSX is here

Post by ibr4him »

Erm...thanks Misty! :)
ibr4him

Post by ibr4him »

Oh,this build adds margin to pages although I've set all sides to 0. ?
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

If these are soft margins (between a solid and a dashed line), then it's expected beheviour. You may want to review the docs or the video tutorial.
Otherwise, post here a screen shot.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
derivian

Post by derivian »

This is my first post here: so, thanks to the creators (and modifiers) of this great program!

When I use the beta versions adapted for Mac (either of the two, provided in links in this thread), I have a problem with "dewarping".

: If I choose the "Auto" dewarping for "all pages" and run the process, the program quits after a while (sometimes even after processing 1 or 2 pages). That does not happen if the dewarp mode is off.

Is this expected behaviour since the dewarp function is "experimental", or is there a way to fix it? Many thanks!
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

derivian wrote:Is this expected behaviour since the dewarp function is "experimental", or is there a way to fix it?
It's definitely not expected.
Mac OS X logs program crashes by itself. You should be able to access those with the Log Viewer (or whatever it's called) utility. If you can post Scan Tailor's crash log here, that would be helpful.

P.S: I think the utility is called just "Console".
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
derivian

Post by derivian »

Thanks Tulon,
Here is a (quite long) crash report by Console; the most recent one.
http://pastebin.com/YWGytUKs
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

I see where the problem is. It shouldn't be hard to solve, but I may require someone to build a few OSX builds and for you to try them out.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

I committed an attempt to fix derivian's crash. Can someone build the latest Git version for OSX for derivian to try?
derivian

Post by derivian »

Thank you so much Tulon!!!
I hope the problem is not too specific to my computer; I would gladly try any new build...
kylefoley2000

Post by kylefoley2000 »

when i do ouput and i select on experimental, it crashes too often. does it really dewarp if i don't select experimental? i don't see much different.