scann's and bond's book scanner

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

scann
Number of books owned: 0

scann's and bond's book scanner

Post by scann »

Hi all,

We are from Capital Federal, Argentina, and we have finished our book scanner!

http://derechoaleer.org/2011/08/nuestro ... anner.html

Here are some photos:

And we have also made a video to show off how it works:

We are planning to make a manual in Spanish, since I am a university student and I have contact with other university students which are anxious to get ready in making book scanners. This scanner will end up in my library faculty.

Thanks to you all in the diybookscanner community! All the threads have been really instructable.

Cheers!
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: scann's and bond's book scanner

Post by daniel_reetz »

Fantastic work, and possibly our first Argentinian scanner! I appreciate the very clean, very straightforward build and the effort you've put into photographing and videotaping it. Thanks for joining up!
scann
Number of books owned: 0

Post by scann »

daniel_reetz wrote:Fantastic work, and possibly our first Argentinian scanner! I appreciate the very clean, very straightforward build and the effort you've put into photographing and videotaping it. Thanks for joining up!
Thank you Daniel!

I was wondering if you could give me a user in the wiki, to help organizing a bit all the information that is here...
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Yes, actually, I have been meaning to fix the wiki registration for weeks now. Can you please email me on Sunday or sometime after tomorrow and I'll try to get that fixed so anyone can get going?

I really appreciate your willingness to contribute even when the wiki is weirdly broken/preventing you... I'll get it sorted. I think we lost user registration with the last wiki software update.