Scan Tailor "Enhanced"

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

jimboh

Re: Scan Tailor "Enhanced"

Post by jimboh »

Can MacPorts and Homebrew co-exist on the same Mac?
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty »

Theoretically, but it's not recommended. However, since Homebrew builds are generally much faster than on Macports, it wouldn't take you long to get back up with the software you care about.

If there's something that was keeping you with Macports (like software that's not in Homebrew), let me know and I'll see if I can do something about it.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

I'm pleased to report that the Enhanced branch, in particular the "rectangular" option for automatic picture zones in Mixed mode, improves the auto-selection of chess diagrams. Still far from perfect, but enough improvement to avoid tendinitis. Thank you!
La_Tristesse

Post by La_Tristesse »

Anyone else getting an error prompt saying "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"? I'm running WinXP SP3.
pejuko

Post by pejuko »

Not sure if this is the problem but I've built enhanced version on windows 7 and don't have XP around. You can try to build from sources.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

pejuko wrote:"this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"
That error is usually caused by linking together modules built with different compilers, or even with different patch levels of the same compiler. Sometimes even security updates bump up ABI version of libraries shipped with a compiler. I would suggest rebuilding all the dependencies, followed by rebuilding Scan Tailor.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
derivian

Post by derivian »

Sorry for maybe a too basic question, but I don't know what to do with Homebrew.
I think I successfully installed it by pasting this in a Terminal window: /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/gist/323731)"

[installation info found on https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/wiki/installation ]

For the next step I paste this in the same Terminal window: brew upgrade scantailor --enhanced [upgrade as I have been using Scan Tailor, non-enhanced version]

(I pasted that without downloading the files for the enhanced ST (http://sourceforge.net/projects/scantai ... /enhanced/). Do I need to donwload and move them to a specific directory first?)

Terminal says: Warning: Xcode is not installed! Builds may fail!
Error: scantailor not installed

So, does this mean that if I install Xcode (for Snow Leopard) Scan Tailor will work? [I already have X11. I don't need Xcode which is more than 1 GB otherwise, but if there is no other way, I will proceed accordingly]

Many thanks for any info.
Misty

Post by Misty »

You will need Xcode for this because the process involves building software. Sorry about that!

If you did not install Scan Tailor using Homebrew before, you should do

Code: Select all

brew install scantailor --enhanced
instead of upgrade.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
derivian

Post by derivian »

Thank you very much, Misty; ok, Xcode then...
pejuko

Post by pejuko »

Tulon wrote:
La_Tristesse wrote:"this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"
That error is usually caused by linking together modules built with different compilers, or even with different patch levels of the same compiler. Sometimes even security updates bump up ABI version of libraries shipped with a compiler. I would suggest rebuilding all the dependencies, followed by rebuilding Scan Tailor.
I've made new build including latest changes from master branch. Try this one, if it don't help you will need to build it yourself on XP.