i want to improve my OCR

Convert page images into searchable text. Talk about software, techniques, and new developments here.

Moderator: peterZ

kylefoley2000

i want to improve my OCR

Post by kylefoley2000 »

I was working with preview and I saw that i could alter my image by increasing sharpness, contrast, that sort of thing. my ocr does a reasonably good job. it mostly makes a mistake when the lines are slightly warped. scan tailor sort of does a good job in correcting that but it is not 100%. ironically i think scan tailor corrects the problems of warping by simply converting the file from color to black and white, because i don't do any alteration of the lines yet because the engineer as far as i know has not yet automated the process. in any case, does any one know of some techniques i could use to improve my OCRing? I use Abby right now and I have a Mac.
Anonymous2

Re: i want to improve my OCR

Post by Anonymous2 »

The process has been automated for about a year now and it works beautifully. You probably aren't using a recent build. Try Scan Tailor Enhanced (it's from 12-13-2011).
freemab

Re: i want to improve my OCR

Post by freemab »

I think the above information is outdated. Looks like there's a new version of ScanTailor, as of a couple days ago.